Lakeview Ministries’ Group Reservation Policies
Who may rent Lakeview’s facilities?
With regard to the renting of our facilities, Lakeview Ministries will not discriminate on the basis of Christian affiliation, race, color, sex, age, handicap, national origin, or socio-economic standing
Lakeview Ministries reserves the right to refuse admittance to any group which is openly opposed to Christian morals or beliefs.
When may I make a reservation?
Reservations may be made up to 12 months in advance.
Groups who have rented any of the camp’s facilities have exclusive rights to the same facilities on the corresponding dates in the following calendar year. These rights are forfeited if the group has not completed their reservation 10 months prior to next year’s retreat dates. “Corresponding dates” will be determined by the relation to the closest of the following major holidays: Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year’s Day. (For example, the “second weekend after Labor Day”)
Are there dates when the facilities are NOT available?
The cabins, dining hall, and retreat complex buildings may not be rented from Sunday afternoon through Friday afternoon during the summer camping season, which begins on the Sunday after Memorial Day and lasts for the next 11 weeks.
The Dining Hall and Village Lodge shall not be rented out for day events on Saturdays between the end of the summer camping season and Thanksgiving weekend. Single-day rentals of other facilities may be further restricted to maximize the overall use of the camp’s facilities.
Will we be the only group using camp?
Not necessarily. The camp may accept reservations from a variety of retreat groups over the same dates. Each group will be assigned lodging facilities apart from other groups and their own meeting / gathering area. We will do our best to assist in the coordination of the use of “activity areas” such as canoeing, horseback riding, and the athletic field, so that all groups can take advantage of these offerings.
How soon do we need to schedule camp activities that our group would like to do?
Any activities that require leadership by the camp staff must be scheduled at least 3 weeks in advance of your arrival date (e.g. ropes courses, horseback riding, archery, swimming, etc.). This allows the camp to schedule staff to these activities and coordinate schedules between all guest groups.
How soon do we need to turn in our final numbers for meals?
If the camp is providing food service for your group, final numbers must be turned in at least two weeks in advance of your arrival date. This is essential in order for the food service staff to be able to place the food order from our distributors.
What policies should we be aware of while our group is at camp?
- Unless the group has arranged for linens to be provided, guests furnish their own sleeping bags, bedding, and pillows. Linen service is not available in the camper cabins or village clusters.
- If Lakeview Ministries is providing meals, meal times will be 8:00, 12:00, and 5:30. Some flexibility is possible if only one group is using camp.
- Alcohol is not permitted at single-day social functions.
- Moderate social drinking by overnight retreat guests over the age of 21 is permitted. Alcohol is not permitted in common areas of camp (waterfront, athletic fields, etc.). Abuse of this privilege will not be tolerated.
- Use of illegal substances is strictly forbidden.
- Smoking in any building is prohibited.
- Guests are expected to leave the area clean and in good order.
- Athletic equipment is available for your use. Please contact the host upon arrival so that he/she can make sure things will be available when you need them.
- Groups will be charged replacement/repair costs for any carelessly damaged equipment or facilities.
- Lakeview Ministries has no facilities for pets. None will be permitted to remain on the grounds.
- Quiet time is observed after 10:30 p.m.
- If you would like the camp store to be open during your stay, please arrange times with the Director before your arrival.
- Fires may be lit in designated fire areas only. A limited amount of firewood will be provided by camp for your use.
- Use of the Lutheran Lake waterfront usage is restricted by our lease agreement with the Lutheran Resort Association. Please check with the Director before placing waterfront activities on your retreat schedule.